The Free Registry commemorates the legacy of the African Diaspora and serves as a counterpoint to the 1852 Slave Registry of the Village of Ponce, a perfunctory list of owners and their “properties” with descriptions that painfully reveal the inhumanity of slavery. Visitors, regardless of their bloodline, are invited to connect with our shared history. TO COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON ANY OF THE POST TITLES

Saturday, May 17, 2008

THIS IS MY FAMILY TREE (HERITAGE)

My name is Deborah Ann Smith  Rivera.  I had an uncle in Richmond, Virginia whose name was Army Bullock.  Ella Mae Smith was my great-great-grandmother.  Someone's name was also Francis Smith.  There was also a Frank Smith.  My grandmother's name was Genieva (Geneva ).  She married James Hyder Bullock,  an Indian, Cherokee or Black Foot Indian. Geneva's brothers  are several. But I only remember Frank and Henry.  The state of Virginia was called Kentucky,  according to old maps. My mom's name is Ella Mae Bullock (Dorris), who then married Jesse James Smith.  I, of course, married Ramon (Llanos) Rivera in  New York City.

No comments: